Thursday, April 27

"Tolerance"

Many cases are appearing all over the country where Christians are being put down, suspended, or otherwise [[gasp]] discriminated against. It all goes under the label of "tolerance" and "diversity." But I'm wondering who is really being tolerant.

In Georgia, a student is suing the university there because she was to speak out against homosexuality, and was forced to take a "diversity" class. In Roseville, CA students are being suspended because they refused to take off their shirts that had a Christian message. The government forbids pastors in Canada to preach against homosexuality. The list goes on.

The thing is, gays, abortionists, and others speak a whole lot about tolerance, when they themselves do not tolerate anyone else besides them speaking out for their beliefs. They hate you and accuse you of "hate"-crimes. Tolerance extends to everyone…except Christians. A few more ironic statements could apply.

What about my diversity? What ever happened to that? I am diverse from you: [theoretical situation, I'm not actually talking to you, the reader, personally] you are gay; I am Christian. You are trying to force your beliefs down my throat. I am applying my beliefs to you, and asking you to repent from what I see (and God) as sin. How about celebrating my diversity? Whatever happened to freedom of speech? (This especially applies to the Canadian case.)

Liberals are intolerant of anyone who is "intolerant" according to their standards. Tolerance to them means bearing all their ideas and not saying anything contrary. In other words, brainwashing and propaganda.

I’m not saying that we should go about people and despising them for what they believe. I believe tolerance is in order to a certain extent with people. But what most liberals today label as tolerance is nothing of the sort.

On the other hand, this is an old topic given new life. My father has a book from the 1700s on tolerance and to what extent it should be used. The book is actually analyzing the dealing of the Synod of the reformed church in the Netherlands with the issue in the 1600s.

Persecution -- that's the name for it. Tolerance might be the highest virtue in our popular culture, but it doesn't often extend to Christians these days. Christians are increasingly being driven from public life, denied their First Amendment rights, and even actively discriminated against for their beliefs.

Taken from David Limbaugh’s review of Persecution

No comments: