Monday, July 24

Very Interesting

Answers in Genesis has an article that reports the story of one professor in a prominent American university who taught a class that examined evolution fully with all the arguments for and against it. The university, professor, and students are all anonymous for reasons of the professor’s job security, etc.

The students' comments and the survey at the bottom of the page show handily that if you look closely at the facts and consider all the evidence, evolution does not make much sense.

I hope more classes like this will be taught in other universities.

4 comments:

Stogie said...

Wow, I can relate to these students. Their comments are very similar to my own recent about face on the theory of evolution, when finally I opened my mind in order to accept opposing views. Good post.

Althusius said...

It's just a matter of treating the facts fairly and accurately.

Axinar said...

I must admit when the Thumpers came after me in 7th grade I was tempted -

But it simply doesn't make any sense.

If you're saying that life is here in much the same way that a computer is here now you go from having to explain "fossil gaps" to having to explain how it is that there are THOUSANDS, if not MILLIONS of creation myths around the world.

Althusius said...

The fact that there are so many creation myths (and I might add worldwide flood myths) out there proves that man does remember (slightly) what happened.

Over the years, with the separation of mankind and the paganizing of all cultures besides Israel, the story got distorted.